Recently Played Tracks on VMS

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cyber suicide: Consumer Overload

This Past Weekend Apple released the Sequel to it's hit product the iPad and a new Wave of "Liners" was born.

I decided that this year I would Sell my soul to the apple devil and Rip up all my Credit cards and id Cards and become a liner... Ok Well some of that might be a little stretched....

but yes I was about to embark on what I have come to Call "Liners"..

Almost Feeling the need to remind myself that This was more of an investment then a moral depriving Experience and Mostly Due to the Fact that apple Did not Do pre-orders this year with the ipad (shame on you Steven shame shame...) I set out to grasp my greedy needy apple hands on a black 16gb (more on that later ;) ) WIFI only iPad 2.


A simple placed call to the local Bestbuy Store after a few clicks on the bestbuy app brought me Ear to ear with a female That stated

"yeah we have the Ipad 2 And lines are forming at 2pm with tickets going out at 4:30pm with sales at 5pm"

I knew what I had to do ...

Slowly pulling up to the bestbuy there was this feeling in the air .... you could tell on the face's of people leaving the store that something ... Something was about to take place...

Each person looking each other in the eye to see who.. and Where .. the "Line" Would being ...

With what seemed like a blink of an eye no line soon turned into






And before you know it .. The "Liners" had all gathered Around and prepared To do what they do best..


Stand in line And be looked at by everyone that passed by...



Sometimes I Wish we could Replace the "iPad 2 Line starts here ! " Sign with "Zombie outbreak contaminated zone" Just to see the look on peoples Faces...

I cant start to tell you how many times I had to answer "Excuse me... What are you guys all waiting for?"

4 hours later .....




This did not Come without A Piece of madness...

The Whole time thinking to myself how We .....the Liners.. Were Treated if not worse Then you would Treat thief.

Lucky Enough it was not 120F outside... one could only wonder If They Would have Still not given Out water bottles cause Like the door man said "were not allowed to"

As I waited online I checked in with other Friends that Run Blogsites As well ( name dropping would be so nice Right here huh? ;) )

I noticed that some apples stores were Giving out drinks and food for people waiting sometimes 6+ hours For the iPad 2 Release.

At the end of the day There is No Doubt in my mind when I say ... No its not worth all the trouble of Standing in line For hours on end just to be the first to get your hands on it...

Though I do like the Pre order thing Apple had going till now... Which not only let people get it the same day it Was released but also Tame The Stores a little bit and not Have it be So much like a war zone surviver experience.

If This is what the issue will be when the iphone 5 is released on June 21 There Is no way that you will find me anywhere near a line.

attempting this when its 120F outside For sure would be grounds for a Heat stroke.. and With Bestbuy not Giving out water... This Could be more then apple Could ask for on a release day...

Which leads me to ask...

How Far is too far when it comes to wanting Something on Release day ?


No comments:

Post a Comment